Although it’s easy to dismiss our oral health care as adequate, the truth is that mastering the art of oral health should be a quest that everyone partakes, because it is one that never truly ends. Even if you do everything right one year for your teeth and gums, the next year your smile could completely bottom out if you don’t give it the same care and dedication. To see where you rank, take the following oral health care quiz for serious smiles:
– Do you follow the instructions from your dentist for optimum oral health care?
– Do you eat healthy and nutritious meals often?
– Do you attend regular checkups with your dentist at River Valley Dental including your bi-annual professional cleanings?
– Do you know and maintain a log of your medical history?
– Do you keep your eating and cleaning tools to yourself and never share them with others?
– Do you avoid sugary foods and drinks that can cause tooth decay?
– Do you use cleaning products after eating acidic foods to limit the risks of tooth enamel loss, including sugarless gum or mouthwash?
– Are you medically cleared of all eating disorders?
– Do you avoid snacking between mealtimes?
– Do you avoid products that can damage your mouth and gums such as lip, tongue, and mouth jewelry?
Yes = 1 point No = 0 points
1-4 points: Your oral health needs help. Practice better oral hygiene habits.
5-9 points: There is still work to be done with your overall oral health care.
10 points: Congratulations, you are an oral hygiene superstar!
Are you satisfied with your oral health? To schedule a bi-annual professional cleaning or oral examination with Dr. Bryce Hanson and our team at our dentist office in Shelley, Idaho, please contact us at 208-357-7611. We will get you the smile you’ve always wanted!